Thursday 17 February 2011

Right Brain Creativity

Got involved with an interesting theme from a Linked In writer's group about creativity. The question being asked was whether you planned your book story, or you "flew by the seat of your pants" and made it up as you went along. Well, for Boundary Limit, my last novel, I used a mind map, and the story very nearly wrote itself. I'm working on something new now, and I haven't used a mind map. I made reasonable progress for 130 pages, but now am struggling. Mind maps to the rescue? We'll see.
One thing is for sure, whenever I've used them, mind maps have hepled me, so I'd encourage anyone wrestling with a creative issue made up of more than one part then this is definately something to try. After a week of pure "left brain"designing a Six Sigma green belt course, a session of creativity would be a welcome interlude.

No comments: