Thursday 3 February 2011

Death or Glory

Actually this title is the one I'm using for an article I'm writing for Legal Firms on the CPM21 website www.cpm21.co.uk
It's about the threats and opportunities facing high street legal practices from October 0f 2011. I won't talk about it here. Instead, let me tell you about the Marriot hotel in Swansea. They have clearly never heard of customer value, and the customer experience. They have introduced a new system where you have to log your vehicle registration into their system or you get an automatic fine through the post. I got one for £90 when I was visiting them legitamately for a business meeting that I attend every Friday. When I phoned them, they waived the fee, but told me that the system was there to stay. End of. The problem is that the meeting I attend is at 06:00am and I'm pretty much not awake at that time, and logging into a stupid system is the last thing on my mind. Have to say sooner I stop using that hotel the better.
As with a lot of the businesses I work with, they've introduced a new system without assessing the impact of it on their customers. They will learn when people vote with their feet.

No comments: